Monday 18 March 2013

NEXT MEETING - WEDNESDAY 3RD APRIL 2013
PRACTICAL EVENING
Just to remind you what is happening.....
It was felt that some members required help with certain techniques, so we have organised an evening where we will have demonstrations.
Elaine is going to demonstrate how to 'quilt as you go'
Jo will show us how to hand quilt
Sue is going to show us how to do free motion quilting
Viv is teaching foundation piecing.

Of course there will be ladies who do not require help - and so for those who wish, they can sit, sew and chat.

But we are also going to be taught how to make 'pickled people' (if you so desire)!!!!!
These 'people' will be put into a large jar, and be used as a fund raising event for the Cosby Open Gardens.
Please bring old (and clean) flesh coloured tights which we can use for this project.

Quilters Paradise will have a stall selling various fabrics.




We are also having a stall selling buttons..
Not just any old buttons.
These are extraordinary buttons.
All hand made and every one unique.
These are made by Natasha, and below she tells us a little about her products,
'I started making buttons out of polymer clay because I couldn't find any buttons to match a beautiful cardigan I had made for my daughter. They were either too big, not the right colour and so I decided to make my own. I remembered playing with Fimo when I was a little girl and had such fun.
I brought a few packets of clay and Ellabella buttons was created.
They can be used on knitting, crochet, fabric, cute hair bows, paper crafts and scrap booking. They're perfect for all your crafting projects.
All my buttons are made from clay which is hardened in the oven.  They are water resistant and if attached to clothing  you should always wash on a gentle program at 40c. Buttons shouldn't be put in the tumble dryer.
I have created many designs mostly small batches. If you would like me to make you a 'one-off' collection of buttons, please contact me and we can discuss your project.

Natasha Lockley
07920408300
Ellabellabuttons@aol.co.uk









you might like owls - very trendy at the moment















OR BIRDS OR FLOWERS








OR PLAIN, OR PRETTY














One way or another, I think we are going to have a fun evening

No comments:

Post a Comment